Wednesday, March 6, 2019

The Liebster Blog Award








Dear readers,


Today's post is that of a different sort! I have been nominated and awarded for the Liebster Award by my good friend Ariel from Scribes & Archers. She has a wonderful writing blog, and I highly recommend you reading some of her posts.

Before I begin, allow me to explain what the Liebster Award is:

This award is passed around by bloggers to bloggers. It was designed to help other blogs grow and gain more attention, and that is what it is continuing to do eight years later.

(Liebester is German for 'dearest', by the way.)


The Rules:

The rules are simple...

1. You are to link back to the person who nominated you

2. Display the award (seen at the top of this page)

3. Answer the eleven questions that the person who nominated you provided

4. Give eleven random facts about yourself

5. Nominate eleven other bloggers (normally a blog with less then two hundred followers, though I may bend that rule)

6. Ask eleven questions of your choice for your nominees to answer


Sounds fun, right? Let's get started!


11 Questions from Ariel:


1. What's your favorite color to wear?

I love wearing pastels, but bright orange and forest green are probably my favorites



2. If you were a color, what color would you be and why?

I like to think orange, because it can be calm and gentle, or ecstatic and fun, or completely wild! But it is always joyful and happy. And though I am not happy all the time, I do try very hard to be.


3. What's your favorite thing about your current project? (Writing project, music project, school project, etc.)
For the sake of keeping this blog's theme, I'll go with my current writing project.
My favorite thing about this novel I'm writing is the devotion and determination that can be found in it, and in multiple forms.
I think that is shows love, emotion, intense dedication, and... well, I'll stop there. I don't want to give anything away.


4. What's the story behind your blog name?
This is actually something I was planning to write a post about.
The name 'Bleeding Ink' comes from a poem I once wrote (that, and a vote from my friends).
In short, it is to describe the intense passion that I feel for writing. The idea is that my love and zeal for words and writing is so deep, that if you were to look inside me you'd see that my very heart bleeds ink.



5.  If you dye your hair, what color would you dye it?
I like my hair the way it is, but if I had to say, I would like to turn the tips orange or pink. But if I had to do all of my hair, I'd choose either a dark purple or blue.
...Or maybe I could dye it the color it already is.


6. What book are you most excited to read this year and why?

Most likely, it would be Dragons' Hope by Melody Jackson. And this is because I love the other books in this series, the characters are wonderful and deeply developed and the story is intense and gripping.

You can find this series (which I highly recommend) here.



7. What's your favorite thing about your blog?

The tone, by far. Every time I finish a post and see it completed and standing against the purple background, I get a thrill. I think that my style of writing matches the rest of this blog perfectly, and I'll admit that I'm very proud of that.
But in addition to that, I love having a place to put my strange scribbles that I call 'writing'. I love having somewhere that is dedicated to words and creativity, and that I can (in hope) loop around and use to represent the Good that God is.


8. What's your favorite book of the Bible and why?

Well, that's a hard one. Off the top of my head, James. I say this because I find it to be very hopeful, but honest. And, instructional but loving. It doesn't sugar coat anything, but instead provides all of the truth, which includes good and bad things.

Oh but then there are the Psalms! Oh how I love that book! It shows us how human we are, and how amazing and astounding God is, how loving He is, how forgiving, how mighty, how fierce... and how undeserving we are to be loved by Him. And yet, He does love us.


9. What's your favorite Bible verse and why?

Now that just isn't fair, I have way too many to only give one!
So instead, I will give two.

"The Lord upholds all who fall, and raises up all who are bowed down." - Psalm 145:14
I love this one because of how is shows God. Through this verse, we can see one of the many, many, ways He loves us.

My second verse is this;

"Do not rejoice over me, my enemy; when I fall, I will arise; when I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me." - Micah 7:8

Now, this one I love for a similar reason.  Again, it shows how feeble man is. But with God, we have strength. He is all the defense we need, He is all the light we need, and vengeance is His. The enemy would be a fool to rejoice over one whose defense is the Lord. Because with Him, we will rise, and with Him, we have light, and with Him, we needn't worry about the enemy.



10. What's your favorite thing to write? (Fiction or non-fiction)
Fiction, by far! When writing a work of non-fiction, you put such limits on yourself. But in fiction, anything can happen! You don't have to follow the silly lines of logic, you have imagination! Things can fall up, night can be day, you can swim in the air, and instead of setting, the sun can just explode every evening and rebuild every morning.



11. Skittles or M&Ms?
This is a question that I am not ready to answer... My entire destiny may change based on the answer that I give...
For tradition's sake, I will say M&Ms.



11 Random Facts about Me:


1. Though I am fond of chocolate, I typically prefer sour candy to sweet candy.

2. I am a artist.

3. My favorite color is orange (if you couldn't tell from the first, second, and fifth answers).

4. The first novel I ever read (by myself) was The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and it remains one of my favorites to this day.

5. I believe in a few different types of magic, the main one being the magic of words (as said in a previous post).

6. I once wrote a poem called 'A Never Ending Walk'. It was the first real poem of mine, and was the spark that caused my blazing love for poetry.

7. I proudly hail from a homeschooled family of ten (including myself).

8. I love music and am a musician

9. I believe that peanut butter and chocolate are among the world's greatest combinations.

10. I have broken both of my arms, at two different times.

11. I had a incredibly hard time thinking of all these facts. You never realize how boring you are until you're asked to talk about yourself.


11 5 Nominations

I have read at least one post from all of the following nominations, and recommend that you do the same. Each one of them has something incredible to offer, so go pay them a visit.


1. Julia from Julias Creative Corner

2. Mary from Wild Writing Dreams

3. Audrey from Weaving Words on the Wings of Hope

4. Jane Maree from https://janemareeauthor.com.au/

5. Julia from Willow Creek Pines


11 Questions for the nominees


1. If you could live in any fictional world, which would you choose?

2. What book (fictional or not) has inspired you most?

3. What is the most beautiful thing you've seen?

4. What are three of your favorite words and why?

5. What are three of your biggest pet-peeves?

6. What is your favorite kind of cookie?

7. Which would you rather be, a mermaid or a fairy?

8. What is the best adventure you've had?

9. If you could control any one element, which one would you choose?

10. Do you prefer (for writing or reading) fantasy or science fiction?

11. With only one sentence, how would you describe how you feel towards writing?


I hope you nominees will enjoy this as much as I did, and hopefully find more blogs to link to then I did (it's a lot harder then I would've thought).


And this is where I end the post.
I enjoyed this very much, and again would like to thank Ariel for the tag.
For you readers, I would like to invite you to take this tag for yourself! Reuse the questions I answered if you like, then find other blogs and ask them questions. It's fun, and it helps everyone out.

Yours,


                  Edna


4 comments:

  1. I loved reading your answers! ^-^
    I love James for the same reasons. It's not my top favorite, but I do definitely love the balance of honesty and love. It's kind of incredible how well James is able to speak with love WHILE not pulling any punches. I kind of wish I could ask him how he did that. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it! I had so much fun answering your questions.
      Right? He was truly a master in the art. Paul was too.

      Delete
  2. This was so fun to read! Thanks for tagging me. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you enjoyed it! I look forward to reading your answers. :)

      Delete

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...