Sunday, November 1, 2020

My Favorite Writing Pep-Talks

 


Greetings! 


With NaNoWriMo in full swing, I don't have a full amount of time to write to you of anything incredibly creative or unique. 
So instead, I've gathered some of my favorite pep-talks that help keep me going with writing when I really don't want to, in no particular order.

Read on! 


1. Lemony Snicket's 2010 Pep-Talk

I cannot describe how thoroughly I love this pep-talk. It is honestly the most encouraging one I've read, and is the only one I need to get myself back into fighting the fight of writing.


2. Tamora Pierce's 2014 Pep-Talk

Tamora Pierce's pep-talk is great for helping you get un-stuck.


3. Neil Gaiman's 2007 Pep-Talk

Gaiman's pep-talk is great for when you're on the verge of giving up. 


4. Gail Carson Levine's 2009 Pep-Talk

Gail Carson Levine's pep-talk is a great one for some humor and starting November off on the right foot. 


5. Brandon Sanderson's 2011 Pep-Talk

This pep-talk is great for reminding you to use NaNoWriMo, and any writing tool, in the way that best suits you, as well as going over some pretty common writing issues, including writer's block.



I know that most of these would be best for later on in the month, but I figured you can always bookmark this page or the links if you need some encouragement later on.

That aside, that's all for now.


Stay determined, friend. 


    - Edna Pellen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...