Saturday, June 15, 2019

My Book Shopping List




Hello there!

You know how we book worms/dragons talk a lot about how fearsome our TBRs are? They can stretch on for miles and miles. These books are the mountains that clutter our living spaces, they are the shadow we live in but desperately try to ignore as we reread old favorites, borrow fresh ones from the library, or buy a new one.

Yes, they are truly something.

But what if there was another list of books? A greater, stronger, list. One impossible to ever complete.
Brace yourselves, for I bring to you... the To Buy and Read list, or TBaR (not as catchy, I know).

This list is one you will always live with, for as long as books are being made. Yes, it will be refreshed. Maybe it will be shorter at some times then others, but once is is begun it will always be there.

Because I'm seeing all these Summer Reading Lists and TBRs, I decided to share (part of) my TBaR with you.
Here you go!

***Disclaimer: I have not read these books and cannot confirm that they are or are not appropriate for young audiences***


1. The Giver series by Lois Lowry

2. The Storm Inside by Julia Herkel

3. Elantris by Brandon Sanderson

4. Howl's Moving Castle by Diana Wynne Jones

5. The Inkheart Series by Cornelia Funke

6. The Dragons' Bane Series by Melody Jackson

7. The Mirror-Hunter Chronicles by R.M. Archer

8. Honey Butter by Millie Florence

9. The Fablehaven Series by Brandon Mull

10. To Best the Boys by Mary Weber

11. Stealheart by Brandon Sanderson

12. Healer's Bane by Hope Ann

13. Fawkes by Nadine Brandes

14. The Storm Siren trilogy by Mary Weber

15. The Evermore Chronicles by Emily R. King

16. Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

17. The Brethren Rise by C. D. Hulen

18. The Last Ogre by Silvana De Mari

19. The Last Spells by Silvana De Mari

20. The Last Prophecy In the World of Man (+ epilogue) by Silvana De Mari

21. My Name is Yorsh by Silvana De Mari

22. Arduin the Renegade by Silvana De Mari

23. Echos by Miranda Marie

24. Once I Was Anastasia by Ariel Lawhon

25. All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr

26. Valkyrie Rising by Ingrid Paulson

27. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

28. Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare

29 The Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu

30. Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austin




Alright, I'm going stop there. Otherwise, this could go on forever and I'd never post this.

If you have any book recommendations that I should add to this list, let me know! I'd love to see how long my TBaR can get.



       Yours,


                               ~ Edna


No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...