Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Random, Unedited Poems Written in a Sick Haze



Hey there,


Would you believe me if I told you I'm still sick?

Because... I am still sick.

Just as I was getting over the first illness, I caught the flu. Wonderful.
This would be the main reason I've not written anything for weeks. My brain is a disgusting pile of mush that not even the best wordsmith could build up, at the moment.

So, instead of doing something informative and entertaining, here's a dump of some random poems I wrote (they are for the most part unedited);


A Dream


What good is a dream that you do not chase?
I have a dream that I hold dear
I keep it on a shelf, so that it's always near
I look at it when I'm dissatisfied
And wish that it was my life
I keep it there, where I can always see
Where it can always whisper, "come find me"
But I cannot, for I lack the will
And how risky it sounds, my chances are slim
What if I follow it and live a discontent life, still?
What if that dream won't bring me what I wanted?
I keep it there, upon my shelf, to look at when I've lost hope
So what do I look to when I've completed it?
And besides, I can't look at it if I'm living it
So no, I'll leave it be
It can stay upon that shelf,
A comfort and torture to me



Bow (incredibly creative title, I know)

Bow
Bow
Bow
To the consuming flame
To the freezing rain
To the harsh stone
Bow
Bow
Bow
You are all alone
Kneel before my throne
Let the beauty of my terror show
Bow
Bow
Bow
I am darkness 
I am light
I am the monster in the night
I am the beauty that flies by day
You can't run, run away

Bow
Bow
Bow
I am your queen
Bow to me
There is no escape
From me this day
Bow
Bow
Bow
By blade, by arrow
Bow
Bow
Bow
Every dove and every sparrow
Bow
Bow
Bow
Winter's chill and summer's heat
Bow, bow to me

Bow before your queen



I hope you enjoyed these messy poems. I will (hopefully) see you next week.
Until then,


                         Edna Pellen



No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...