Saturday, January 5, 2019

Book of the month ~ Oliver Twist


Dear friends,

With this month comes the reading of Oliver Twist!
I regret to admit that I am not as far in it as I would like. A week has past and I am only in the fourth chapter.
I assure you that I do have a reason for this.
I had begun a different book, but realized after reading it partly that it was not the first in the series. And I cannot stand reading books out of order. Should I ever do this, you can be sure that I am locked away in some dungeon somewhere and a impostor has taken my place.

But I have begun to digress. Allow me to get back on topic...

So far, Oliver Twist has taken my interest with ease. And thanks for that are due to Charles Dickens' intriguing prefaces and introductions (of which there are three and I will tell you more of once I've finished the book).
I am finding Oliver to be a dear and tragic character, one born into pain and sadness. From where my bookmark stays guarding my place between this book's pages, the only character I am certain I will see in later chapters is Oliver himself. No other character has come to stay, yet.
That being said, there isn't much else for me to write of.

But already I am looking forward to the end of this month, when I can give a completed review of this book.
I will say nothing more on the matter, or else I will have nothing to write about at the end of January.

So this letter, I am afraid, will be rather short. Which really is a shame, seeing as I prefer to make them longer.

If you have begun this adventure with me, the one of reading a book a month, I would love to read how your experience has been so far.

Otherwise, this is the end of this letter. Farewell, kindred spirits.


  Yours,


                     Edna Pellen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...