Saturday, December 29, 2018

A New Year's Resolution



Dear reader,

I like to think of a year as being like a drawstring bag. As it goes by, you fill it with memories, changes, and even completed resolutions. The mouth of the bag slowly closes as the hands of Time slowly pull the strings.


As the wind grows colder around me and frost laces my window, I am reminded that my bag is nearly closed, and I'm afraid that it doesn't have any completed resolutions.

I tend to make my resolutions great and many, which complicates going through with them, so for this year I am going to try to do only one and make it simple.
... Relatively.

This year, my New Year's resolution is to read a book a month.

Though I haven't made any trust worthy plans, I intend on writing a review at the end of each book and posting it here on the last of their respective months.

Most of the books will probably be fiction, but I may include a few on the topic of writing.
I think that this will be very beneficial to my writing and reading habits, and I encourage you to join me on this adventure. Even if we do not read the same books, it'd be a fine thing to know that others were tackling the same challenge as you.

At current, the list of books I have to read is not complete. 

It includes...

Becoming Jane Eyre

Twain and Stanley Enter Paradise

A Christmas Carol (to be read in December)

Frankenstein

Oliver Twist

And, possibly, A Midsummer Night's Dream and Alice Through the Looking Glass.

(I also have a collection of Charles Dickens Christmas stories that I may read throughout December, seeing as A Christmas Carol is very short.)

I'm sure you'll notice that a good deal of these are classics. That has been done quite unintentionally, these books just happen to be the ones I've yet to read but still own. But I think that it'll be very beneficial if I read all of them.


Should you know of any good books (at the moment, I'm in the market for fantasy novels), I would greatly appreciate you writing to me below. Please list the genre, author, and title.

And, tell me if you'll be participating in this challenge of mine.


In the mean time, I do believe a trip to the bookstore is in order.





Wishing you the happiest of Happy New Years,




                              Edna Pellen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...