Friday, July 10, 2020

Updates IV



Hello, friends! 

I realize it's been quite a gap between this and my last post, but I assure I have not been inactive! 
Given I don't have much time to complete a full post at the moment, and I don't really want to make a new banner for one, I figured I'd just give you some updates (again). 


Reading Updates:

I haven't been reading much lately, as I've been doing a lot of alpha, beta, and proof reading. But the book I'm currently 'on', is book #3 of The Rangers Apprentice.
I'm also saving up to buy a lot of books (including: Azalei's Fall by Miranda Marie (third book in The Fire Rain Chronicles),  Dragons' Bane by Melody Jackson, the Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson, Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce (sequal to Tricker's Choice), and The Mirror-Hunter Chronicles by R.M. Archer). It'll cost a small fortune, but it'll be worth it. 


Path to Publication Updates:

Ah yes, that great challenge I assigned myself. Your guess is as good as mine for how that's going.
I started this challenge, or more of I told you that I started this challenge, on the 7th of May. That
 post detailed my plan for this large task, and I can heartily tell you that I have not fallen behind. I've not written as much as I'd like to, but I still have a few months before October to finish this draft, so there is hope yet.

'Roslyn' is now at 66,430ish words, and still not done. I've come to realize that I don't like to rush through my story, that every travel-scene is important, that every character's point of view is important, and that each scene is, to some degree, important and not to be rushed through. 
But I'm only a little more than halfway through the actual plot, and so if this keeps up, I may either need to cut back on words, split it into two books, or I can just let it be 100k+ words and follow in Sanderson's footsteps. 
We shall have to wait and see. 


Other:

On blogs: 

R.M. Archer released two posts  recently ("Why I Read YA (even though it often stinks") and "5 Things I'd Like to See in YA Literature") that really caught my interest. They're really well thought out and detailed, and for me, they really got me thinking. 
You should check them out, as well as her blog in general.

Maple from Maple Quill Penning Magic has this wonderful feature on her blog where she makes a poem and uploads it each week, and I got lost looking through them today. So if you feel like reading some short poems and looking at pretty imagery, check out her poems of the week archives

On life:

I'm resuming work on my desk! Now that the winter months are over and a certain country-wide annoyance is lightening up (...sort of... not really, but, one can hope) we can retrieve the remaining needed supplies for it. 
It's nearly done, building-wise, and soon I will begin decoupaging the entire thing and adding embellishments here and there. Then, I'll begin my quest to find a nice desk chair to replace my rather uncomfortable and slightly too tall stool. 


Well, that's all I have to say for this post.
    Adieu, 


                    ~ E.P.


4 comments:

  1. Great job at keeping up with your goal! So proud of you Edna <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we all need to follow in Sanderson's footsteps. Nothing like a thousand page manuscript!

    ReplyDelete

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...