Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Poetry Dump





~True World~
By 
Edna Pellen


I am not disappointed in the world
I do not find it ugly or cruel
I am not disappointed in man,
For I am man too

And if I were disappointed in the world
And if I were to think it ugly and cruel
I would forsake all the good in the world
And all the beauty that I know is true

And if I were to be disappointed in man, 
Who would I be to speak,
When I myself make mistakes
When I myself fall weak





~A Productively Unproductive Day~
By 
Edna Pellen
{Dedicated to my friends at the Fortress}

A productively unproductive day
I have perfectly and predictably had
With my pleasantly preposterous people that I keep in my
Plainly personal parade

We have had a laugh lighter then the air in our lungs
And talks deeper then the darkest depth did dare to dream
And still in all our enjoyment we did not do a thing

Justly, joyfully, jabbering,
We wagered we had won a right to relax
And tentatively tip toeing around the tight concept of tomorrows' tasks,
We sat down to work out ourselves at last

And what we came to learn was that
just because you're talking and not walking and not working away,
Your thigh-slap laughs and emotional rafts
Are not time wasting
And it's not a shame to, every now and then, sit and
To not do a thing




~Starry Starry Night~

By
Edna Pellen

Starry, starry night
What a fright,
Yet delight,
To be alone, gazing
At this sky
In the dead of night


All alone,
Near or far from home
No matter where I roam
The stars remain aglow
Wherever I go
With company, or alone


In the heat or the cold,
To both the young and the old
They remain the same, I’m told
Shining bright and bold
On this night, so clear,
On this night so cold


They unite the then and now,
And though I couldn’t tell you how,
Their light, their pictures, bring history back around
To tie together, to bend and bow,
Generations with each other
The then, and the now


Starry night,
Guiding light,
Old and new now unified
As we gaze into the cold,
Starry, starry night



No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...