Friday, August 13, 2021

Why My Posting Schedule Isn't Consistent

 

Greetings, 

Today's letter is a brief one. I just wanted to tell you why my posting schedule is so very inconsistent, and assure you that though it is inconsistent I have absolutely no intention of quitting Bleeding Ink. 


You see, I have a pesky mental illness (maybe you've heard of it) called "clinical anxiety." "Clinical" is a fancy, official-sounding word which here means that I am anxious regardless of whether or not I have a reason to be. I have general anxiety as well as obsessive compulsive disorder, both of which run in my kin's bloodline. 

Being perpetually anxious is very tiring. That exhaustion leads to another mental illness you may or may not have heard of called "depression," which brings apathy and often causes one to lack motivation, and which also runs in my blood.


These things make sitting down to write out a coherent post that properly portrays what I am thinking, editing the post, and creating a banner for the post rather difficult. Because of this, I seldom ever keep to a consistent posting schedule. 


However, I have no plans to abandon Bleeding Ink altogether. I'll disappear for a while, then eventually come back with something else to say or update you on. Is this bad for my brand and marketing? Yes. But you know, it's actually good for you. If you follow Bleeding Ink, you don't have to worry about getting swamped with notifications from me twenty-four seven along with all the other one-thousand-and-ninty-two-point-one blogs you follow. 

This means you don't really lose anything by following me. Just a thought.


Anyways. Now you know. 


Last thing: I am going on vacation and thus will be unable to post for a bit. I'm not planning on being away from posting any longer than my holiday lasts, but we shall see how that goes.


Best regards, 


- E.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...