Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Preptober Week 3: #2

 




It began with a scamming resort that promised writers their dream come true and gave them a copyright nightmare. A hundred lawsuits and boycotts later, and the project was dead. No writer would touch it. 

That's what sparked the idea for Daniel Devo to make the same resort, but do it right.

That's what lead to the train. And the writers. And the murder.

One idea later, and Devo's got a murder on the name of his resort, and the mess of lawsuits and boycotts he worked so hard to avoid are just one train station away from bringing his resort down.


Make sure you check out the other weeks on Scribes & ArchersThe Rain-Drenched Writer, and Maple Quill Penning Magic.

Are you using this prompt? I'd love to hear how you plan on it below. 


- Edna Pellen

6 comments:

  1. Oh, there's a lot. So much.
    Firstly, let's talk about the magic. Nothing much of worldwide import happened before the magic was discovered.
    Secondly, let's talk about the church.
    None of this would happen without their insatiable lust for power, their manipulation, and their brainwashing.
    Then, let's talk church politics.
    Cutthroat would be to kind a word. The great mother needs to be sure she can get her successor on her side without letting the other faction get to her.
    Which means someone very easy to mold.
    But not too easy, or else the molding will do no good.
    And that is where Vidya comes in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I /really/ want to read this story! It sounds so good

      Delete
  2. The best one for this would be the first scene from my short story prequel. When my protagonist, Smoke, makes the decision to become a cyborg.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds interesting. I know of stories where someone is forcibly turned into a cyborg, but I can't remember any where someone /chooses/ to become one.
      It brings me to ask the question, "why did they choose that?" Which is always a great hook for keeping me interested in something.

      Delete
    2. I didn't realise that, but it's true that no one seems willing to be a cyborg. Either they are chosen to be so or made into one so they will survive (decision decided by someone else).
      Ahh, this comment means so much to me. <3 Causing questions is one of many writer's goals. Thank you!

      Delete

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...