Tuesday, September 29, 2020

A Peek at Preptober

 




Hello, writers and readers, 

The month of October is what people who participate in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) call "Preptober". This month is used to prepare said writers for the month of Nano. This includes outlining the novel, cleaning up work areas, gathering notebooks,  stocking up on all manners of caffeine, telling everyone you know "goodbye", as you won't be seeing them in a sane state all through November, and making a blood oath with your fellow writers that you will not waste time on the internet during Nano. 

Considering I will be rather busy with the aforementioned things during October, I have pre-written a great deal of posts so I won't have the feeling of "ahhh I disappeared from Bleeding Ink agaain" and can instead focus on the feeling of "ahhhh I'm gonna die during Novemberrrrr". 

In case you care to know, this is what the posting schedule is going to look like through October. 


October 3rd: Writing Resources

A list of resources for you to check out during October to help prepare you for NaNo (or just writing in general). 


October 6th: My NaNoWriMo Goals

A peek at my nontraditional Nano goals.


October 9th: Types of Outlines

I've had a favorite outlining format for a year or so that I've found to me super convenient and effective. In this post, I share that with you as well as some other ways to outline your story.


October 12th: Preptober Update

This one is not pre-written, as I have yet to begin Preptober and cannot possibly know how it's going yet. 


October 19th-24th: Preptober Prompts

This year, I'm the host for week three of R.M. Archer's Preptober Prompts series. 
The first two weeks will be hosted by R.M. Archer of Scribes and Archers and Evelyn of The Rain-Drenched Writer (respectively), and week four will be hosted by Maple of Maple Quill Penning Magic. 

For more information on what this is, and to see how you can participate, check out R.M. Archer's post on the topic: Preptober Prompts Announcement


October 30th: Preptober Wrap-Up

This post is also not pre-written, as I can't wrap up something I've not done yet. 



Are all of these posts going to be posted, and if they are will it be in the proper order? Who knows. Consistency has never been my strong suit. But as most of these will be written by the time I post this, they likely will all come out properly.

Are you preparing to prepare for NaNo right now? Let me know how that's going for you down below.
Good luck with your prepping, writers. May the odds be ever in your favorite.


- Edna Pellen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...