Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Help Wanted








Greetings!


I am doing something that I am very excited about (and have had to wait for a long time to talk about); I am adding a page to this blog devoted to independent authors (
you can go see it now!).

It's rather simple; an indie author can comment on that page with their story title and author name (links to where the story can be purchased and their website (if they have one) need to be included, as well as a content rating), I add it to my indie TBR, I buy it, read it, write a review, and if I like it I'll include it on the list of indie books I recommend (on the Indie Recommendations page).

The point of this is to support these writers and to give anyone from anywhere a chance to get their story told.

Are you an aspiring author? Save this for later! 
Come back here whenever you're published and post it on the Indie Recommendations page! I'm rooting for you! 

Are you an indie author? Go comment your published work on my Independent Authors page! 
Make sure you follow the guidelines I listed on that page, too. 

Are you a blog reader/indie author reader? Excellent, this is where you come in:
Please help me make this post spread around by sharing it to your published friends, favorite bloggers, and favorite indie authors! And maybe go the extra mile and post it on writing and reading forums, and social media. Tell them that Edna Pellen wants to support them, and link back to this post and/or the Indie Author's page.

My goal here is to reach as many indie authors and as many potential indie authors as possible (teenage authors in particular), from better known ones like Hope Ann and the Phoenix Fiction Writers, to the ones in a dark corner of the internet that nobody knows (who I cannot name because no one knows them).


So if you find the time, please share this post and/or the page. If you don't know any authors, post it publicly. If you don't have a means to do that, send the link on a piece of parchment by carrier pigeon to every one you know.


Thank you for taking the time to read this, I hope you have a wonderful day,


Best wishes,

 
               ~ Edna Pellen


P.S. I have no specific time frame for buying and reading the books, given that I have to have money in order to buy them, and time in order to read them. I also may not read all of them in some cases, particularly if they don't follow my guidelines. But don't let that discourage you from posting your book details on the Indie Recs page! If you follow my guidelines, I'll do what I can to read your book in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...