Thursday, August 20, 2020

   
                     
"Singing Ice' is meant to be about a man who is dying from the cold, laying on a frozen lake. He is too exhausted, worn, and weak to get off the lake. He can't move any of his body, so he listens with his ear to the ice to hear it sing, but instead of comforting him as it once might have, it's reminding him that death is coming closer, until he can feel the ice cracking. But it isn't just cracking, it's breaking, so he knows his death (whether it is of cold or the ice breaking) is imminent.

This poem was inspired by a prompt in a writing group of mine, so many thanks to them for suggesting the prompt. I really enjoyed writing this, and I hope you enjoy reading it." - Edna Pellen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Farewell, Bleeding Ink

  Hello dear reader, I have some news I need to share. But instead of giving it to you directly, allow me to go on a ramble (which will utte...